Everybody’s lips deserve a spa day — a lip facial, if you will! So to help you ease your poor, peeling, flaking pout, Luk Beautifood have assembled together this super delicious chapped lips home remedy lip scrub that you can do a few times a week to gently remove dead skin cells and moisturises the lips all at once.
Follow with your favourite lip nourish natural lipstick and they will look, and taste, good enough to eat!
The coconut oil in this recipe works to nourish the lips while honey locks in moisture and has anti-inflammatory properties to improve the look and texture of your kissers. Avocado oil contains antioxidants called polyphenols which fight free radicals that cause cell damage. This multi-tasking oil is also a good source of vitamin K and potassium which is essential for fluid balance in the lips.
1. Combine 1 tsp of coconut oil (at room temperature) and 1 tsp of avocado oil with 1 tsp runny honey
2. Stir in approximately 1 or 2 tsps of brown or raw sugar. TIP: If the mixture is too runny, simply add more sugar, or if it is too dry add a little more coconut oil.
4. Gently massage the scrub onto clean lips.
5. Rinse with warm water and pat dry
6. Follow with your favourite lip nourish lipstick & pucker up!
TIPS AND TRICKS
Discard any leftovers as the sugar will soon dissolve and will be ineffective in exfoliating the lips.
Be gentle! Your lips are sensitive.
Do not use if the skin on your lips is broken or scabbed.